DIRECT SECURITY GROUP
CONTRACTURAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In consideration of the terms below, the parties do, for themselves, their successors, assigns and mutually convenient agree;
01. MONITORING : The customer shall pay to Direct Security Group for monitoring services as follows:
Annual AMOUNT + applicable taxes Annual Invoice
PLUS - Any additional features and or services subscribed and or agreed to.
02. INITIAL TERM: his agreement shall be in force and effect for an initial MINIMUM term of TWELVE (12) months commencing on the first day after the installation or monitoring connections have been made and ending on the last day of the next full term period.
All subsequent monitoring term agreements are TWELVE (12) month periods commencing Jan 01 of the following year up to and including Dec 31 of that year.
This monitoring agreement will continue to renew itself in accordance with section 3 below.
03. RENEWAL: The term of this monitoring agreement shall continue to automatically renew its self for repeating terms of TWELVE (12) months.
Direct Security Group DOES NOT OFFER MONTH TO MONTH CONTRACT TERMS - NO EXCEPTIONS
04. TERMINATION: The customer or the company may terminate this agreement only upon a written notice received A MINIMUM NINETY (90) days prior to the completion of current contractual ANNUAL term.
CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT OF NOTICE REMAINS WITH CUSTOMER. There is no refund for cancellation before the end of a billing period.
CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES RESPONSIBILITY FOR SHUTTING DOWN OF SYSTEM THEREFORE HALTING TRANSMISSION OF ALL SIGNALS TO THE COMPANY MONITORING STATION. THE CUSTOMER FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES ASSUMPTION OF ALL COSTS AND LIABILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OF SIGNALS AFTER CONTRACT END...INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEW OWNERS/OCCUPANTS
ALL OUTSTANDING BALANCES MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO CONTRACT TERMINATION.
05. SERVICE: The customer agrees to maintain and test all equipment as required for proper operation. All equipment must be serviced by Direct Security Systems only. All SERVICE commences with a minimum service fee paid by customer.
06. MONITORING: Monitoring service consists only of the receipt, analysis and response to signals of the subscribers installed equipment into the central station. There is no assumption of service whatsoever associated with this contract.
07. INSTALLATION Direct Security Group will provide a full 1 YEAR a limited installation warranty on all equipment supplied and installed by Direct Security Group. Warranty does not include any equipment, wiring and or programming that appears to be damaged, failed due to misuse, tampering or from unauthorized service personnel. A service fee per trip is to be paid by the customer to Direct Security Group only after expire of the initial 1 year warranty.
08. EQUIPMENT WARRANTY: Direct Security Group will honor all manufactures warranties on all equipment supplied and installed by Direct Security Group for a period of 1 year. A service fee per trip is to be paid by the customer to Direct Security Group only after expiration of the initial installation warranty. Warranty does not include any equipment and/or programming that appears to be damaged, failed due to misuse, tampering or from unauthorized service personnel. All signage utilized, provided and or displayed remains the property of Direct Security Group and must be returned at the request of the company.
09. TELEPHONE: The customer shall pay any and all charges to any telephone or utility company for installation and/or modifications required at installation, leasing or service of telephone lines connecting subscribers premises to Direct Security Group's central monitoring station. Direct Security Group will assume no responsibility whatsoever for improper telephone connections made during installation of security equipment. The subscriber acknowledges that Direct Security Group utilizes a digital communicator for the purpose of transmitting alarm signals from the subscribers premises to Direct Security Group central monitoring station, that the signals are transmitted over the subscribers telephone service. In the event the subscribers telephone is out of order, disconnected, placed on vacation or otherwise interrupted, signals from the subscribers alarm system will not be received at the Direct Security Groups central monitoring station and the interruption will not be known to Direct Security Group
10. LIABILITY: It is agreed and understood that Direct Security Group is not an insurer. All insurance shall be obtained and paid for by the subscriber. Liability will be set at a maximum of one (1) year monitoring fees in all circumstances. Direct Security Group provides no guarantee and or warranty including any implied warranty for the equipment and or service supplied will advert or prevent occurrences or the consequences there from which the system or service is designed to detect or avert. The customer acknowledges that it is impractical and extremely difficult to fix any actual damages, if any, which may result from a failure to perform any of the obligations contained herein or the failure of the system to properly operate with resulting loss to the customer.
11. TAXES/FEES: The customer acknowledges that all charges as set forth herein, are based upon existing federal, provincial and local taxes. Direct Security Group reserves the right to increase monthly charges at any time to reflect any changes or charges.
12. FALSE ALARMS: In the event of false alarms, the customer acknowledges that all charges, fines, penalties assessed are the total responsibility of the customer. Direct Security Group will assume no costs whatsoever in any case, for false or misleading alarms. Where space or movement devices are supplied and affected by any outside conditions but not limited to air turbulence, fans, birds, animals etc., the customer agrees to remove any source, which may interfere with the effectiveness and stability of the system.
13. COLLECTION: The subscriber acknowledges that all costs incurred in the collection of any outstanding debt on the contractual obligations to Direct Security Group including lien costs, legal fees, and monthly interest (3% per month compounded) due at the rate as detailed at time of invoicing. The subscriber hereby grants Direct Security Group an interest in land in the case of default. All equipment and services provided by Direct Security Group remains the property of Direct Security Group until complete payment in full is received.
14. ABANDONMENT: The subscriber acknowledges ABANDONMENT charges will be applied is case of CUSTOMER ACCOUNT ABANDONMENT, defined as leaving without notice and or abandoning a monitored security system in reporting mode whereas Direct Security Group must take steps to gain control and shutdown to prevent EMERGENCY TRANSMISSIONS FOR FIRE , POLICE AND OR EMERGENCY SERVICES.
A MINIMUM CHARGE STARTING AT 1.5 TIMES OUR SENIOR SERVICE TECHNICIAN HOURLY RATE plus any and or all equipment charges. ADDITIONAL charges will be based on a PER HOUR charge based on service requirements and or required disbursements including but not limited to COLLECTION AGENCIES, BAILIFFS, LOCKSMITHS, PHONE COMPANY CHARGES, NEW HOME OWNER CHARGES etc. as required to gain control of the abandoned system.
15. LOCKOUTS: The subscriber acknowledges that Direct Security Group must utilize lock out codes in all system installations. Direct Security Group agrees to remove (fee may apply) all lockout codes to customers upon proper notice of cancellation and after an accurate reconciliation of the customers account has occurred and all outstanding moneys have been duly paid prior to the removal of any codes.
16. TESTING: The customer acknowledges that the proper operation of the system including programming and testing is the responsibility of the customer. Direct Security Group will provide a brief introduction only at time of installation and total familiarity with the operation of the system remains with the customer.
DIRECT SECURITY GROUP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISPATCH POLICE ON ANY OCCURRENCE
What is a Terms and Conditions Agreement ?
It is essentially a contract between Direct Security Group and our customers.
Direct Security Group has made services available to our customers and in return for using these services, our customers promise they'll follow the rules as set out in the Terms and Conditions.
Group ‘Terms and
Conditions’ agreement is
a "one stop shop" for all the key information that
need before they use our services or make a purchase.